Want to get more eggplant in your diet? Here is a delicious recipe that is very nutritious, quick and easy. It can be used as a side dish, added to a stir fry, or even replace homefries with your breakfast!
1) Peel the eggplant
2) Cut into cubes ( I like either ½ or ¼ inch cubes)
3) In a plastic bag, combine ¼ cup of nutrition yeast, 1 tsp garlic, ¼ tsp salt, dash of pepper and any other spices you desire (shake bag to mix seasonings and yeast)
4) Coat cubes with egg
5）Add eggplant cubes to the bag of seasoning and shake it up! Make sure that the cubes are fully coated with the mixture!
6) Add about 1 tbs of olive oil to your fry pan and allow pan to heat up to a medium setting. (be sure oil is hot before you add your eggplant cubes)
7) Add cubes to hot pan in a single layer
8) Once brown on one side, begin to turn them over and continue cooking until all sides are golden brown
HINTS: If you like these crispier, continue heating until they are a darker brown.
If the center of your eggplant cubes seems a bit harder than you like, add a TBS of water and cover for a minute or two. Then remove lid and let crisp up a bit more.